Position overviewPosition title: Junior Specialist
Open date: September 8, 2023
Next review date: Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Epperson Lab is looking to hire a junior specialist to help with research study findings: preparing the materials for several data studies that focus on substance use (e.g., cannabis, tobacco) and vaccinations from underserved populations, provide general research and grant application coordination from September 2023 to the end of August 2024. This role will require work to be done for the Epperson Lab, directed by Dr. Anna Epperson at the University of California, Merced. In this role a junior specialist will be working for several grant-funded research projects on nicotine, tobacco, marijuana and vaccination-related issues which will include data collection efforts. Duties and responsibilities of the junior specialist will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Manage all Epperson Lab research science emphasis behind tobacco and cannabis use and vaccine decision-making.
• Serve as a liaison between community partners across participating sites.
• Assist in the development of study materials such as recruitment forms, consent forms, and developing in person and online surveys, while also assisting in participant screening and scheduling for research studies.
• Provide support in recruitment efforts with underserved populations and assist in data collection as needed.
The junior specialist will attend regular meetings with Dr. Epperson and the research teams collaborating on grant-funded research projects to update them on current status of research.
A Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field
• Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with Social Media and management of Social Media platforms
• Experience in statistical analyses
• Experience in scheduling and organizing research teams and meetings
• Ability to work independently/remotely as well as with others team members
• Experience running labs for associated research
• Be comfortable with Microsoft word and excel.
• At least 1 year of social media management and research experience in a psychological lab
• Knowledge and understanding of health policies
• Experience working within the UC system and communicating with community groups
• Spanish fluency ideal, but not required
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- 3-4 letters of reference required
Help contact: email@example.com
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements. This includes the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/VaccinationProgramsPolicy.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and invites applications from all qualified applicants, including women, minorities, veterans, and individual with disabilities, who will enrich the teaching, research and public service missions of the university. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy (https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction).
The University of California, Merced, is the newest of the University of California system’s 10 campuses. With over 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students (https://www.ucmerced.edu/fast-facts), UC Merced provides outstanding educational opportunities to highly qualified students from the heart of California, the nation, and abroad. The campus has special connections to nearby Yosemite National Park; is on the cutting edge of sustainability in construction and design; and supports the economic development of Central California. The Merced 2020 Project doubled the physical capacity of the campus, and enhanced academic distinction, student success, and research excellence (https://merced2020.ucmerced.edu/).
UC Merced is a smoke & tobacco free campus (https://smokefree.ucmerced.edu/).